Northport / East Northport
Special Education PTA
Our Parent Forums & Meetings
Our meetings and forums are an opportunity for parents to socialize and to get information and support. See our calendar for meeting dates.
Meetings: During the school year, meetings are held on Thursday nights at 7:30 pm, unless noted otherwise, and include guest speakers and refreshments.
Parent Support Forums: These take place a half hour before meetings at 7 pm.
Location: All meetings are held in the Brosnan Building, Room A105, unless noted otherwise.
What We Do
We are the district-wide Special Education PTA for the Northport-East Northport school district. We pride ourselves in advocating for special education programs and have created and sponsor therapeutic after-school activities in our community.
- After-school programs/events
- Informational Speakers/Workshops
As per NYS PTA, SEPTA is a unit organized for those interested in the issues of educating gifted or special needs children. In our district, we have both SEPTA and Gifted & Talented PTAs. Special education is a free appropriate education in the least restrictive environment for children who require differentiated programs and/or services beyond those usually provided by the regular school curriculum.
Remember to Visit Our Website Often!
- Join SEPTA to receive e-mail blastsregarding programs and opportunities available to all students.
- Become an active member and voice in our community. We work as a team to advocate as a whole for our children.
- Contact any Executive Boardmember if you have concerns or suggestions.
- Consult the district calendar for more information; the "When in Doubt, Please Check It Out" page is a good resource.
- It is SEPTA's mission to advocate and promote special education, as well as to support each other as parents of special needs children. SEPTA is not just for parents; it is for teachers, administrators and friends, too.
- You do not have to have a special needs child to show support. We encourage you to get involved!